Friday, November 02, 2007

Steps at a time...

Well, the last two weeks have been a whirl, and not of things getting done on the car. But, I got back out there tonight.

I hooked up the fast idle valve, and got the throttle cable in.

For people looking to do this swap: use the accelerator cable from a 1989 Camaro (305, the parts store will not be able to get the cable for the 350... but they were the same). The hole in the firewall will have to be enlarged, the keyway nub must be ground off the part that clips into the firewall, and on the throttlebody end, some plastic must be removed so that the throttle plates will be able to open all the way.

The only electrical part left is the fuel pump. Unfortunately, the fuel pump I bought isn't going to work. If I can find the receipt, I'm going to take it back and use a Walbro 255. Fittings to adapt the fuel rails to -6 AN have also been ordered.

No comments: