Saturday, November 24, 2007

GAHHH!

So, it turns out I'm mildly retarded.

I've been fighting huge vacuum leaks this week. I replace the upper plenum and runner gaskets. Improvement, but still hear some pretty bad hissing. Turns out I didn't put O-rings on the driver side injectors. Derp.

Once I got that fix, bam. Vacuum leaks gone. Car starts. No hissing. Got it re-timed, and then it starts missing badly. Timing light shows that the poor thing is losing spark. Quick look at Megatunix, and I only have 10.8 volts coming out of the battery. An HEI module doesn't work very well below 12 volts. Turns out I left the pin I used to hold the brushes in the alternator down when I took it apart a few weeks ago. No brush contact with the stator = non functioning alternator.

Pulled the pin, put the battery on the charger. Going to give it an hour to juice back up and see where we are.

No comments: