Sunday, February 11, 2007

Where's my decoder ring?

Since it was Sunday, I had nothing better to do, and it was cold so I wasn't going outside, I decided to sit down and decode all the Regular Production Option (RPO) codes on the trunk sticker of this car.

Amazingly, there were not a whole lot of surprises. The car is actually a high-optioned grannymobile. There were a few codes I couldn't find any information on, but the important stuff was all there.

Notable exemptions? Well, this car was optioned with a THM 200 transmission (RPO MV9). I pulled a THM 350C out of it, so the transmission has been replaced.

It was also optioned with an AM/FM Auto Reverse Cassette (RPO UK5), but when I got it, it just had an AM/FM radio. I thought it odd at the time that a Brougham with the gauge cluster, A/C, and Cruise would not have had a tape, and that oddity has been confirmed. Somebody ganked it.

The ratty 2.29 rear gear ratio has been confirmed again, and the VIN decodes properly.

I really want it to warm up. I need to get this new rear end installed... and fix the cruise control... and find out why the torque converter isn't locking...

No comments: