Monday, February 05, 2007

On the road again...

or finally, rather.

Drove it to work today. Had a good weekend with it. Drove it to sleeves Ric's party Saturday. It did OK. Well, no, it ran like crap. No fourth gear still, idle all fucked up. I pulled over at a gas station on the way home and adjusted the TV cable again. Voila! Fourth gear.

When I got home, I went to work on the carb. Set the mixture and fixed the low idle. Started it stone cold Monday morning and fixed the high idle. I also tightened the left upper control arm. It got loose and all the shims fell out. No biggie, alignment appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning, 8am. After the alignment is done, I'll be hitting up an exhaust shop to take care of my two leaks. I have some vibration low in the RPM range, I think it's the exhaust hitting the cross member under the engine, which the exhaust leak fix hopefully will space that tube down away from the oil pan and cross member.

It's really great to be driving around with a radio again. I missed my XM badly.

No comments: