Thursday, December 14, 2006

Progress? You tell me...

Well, I skipped out on work early today to take advantage of the great weather (60 degrees... in December?) and try to get some painting and cleanup done. I stopped by O'Reilly Auto Parts and picked up my new harmonic balancer installation kit, and put the balancer on. You can also see the shiney chrome valve covers.

Once the balancer was on, I found TDC and painted a nice stripe on the balancer, then spun it around to 16 degrees before top dead center on the compression stroke. Once it's in the car, I can just shove the distributor in, line the rotor up with #1, and it'll be timed.

The second picture is my spark plugs wires. Plugs in on that side of the engine, little heat protective sock on them, and routed. I need to get some kind of dress up kit for the other side of the engine so it looks as neat.

Not pictured, but the water pump is now on, too.

Here's to hoping the oil pan makes it tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mark said...

Like the chrome bling!