Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More non-progress...

I was all set last weekend. Finish up some detail work, and drop the engine in the car. It was going to be sweet.

And then it wasn't. Pep Boys' lies in their computer system. I was supposed to have gotten a 350 4 bolt main block with the dipstick relief on the driver side. Now, I really don't care which side the dipstick goes on, I just needed to know that so I could order the correct oil pan. Based on what Pep Boys' said I was getting, I ordered a shiny chrome oil pan with a relief for a driver side dipstick.

Well, dipstick on this block is on the passenger side. Pan didn't fit. So, whole weekend was shot. I shipped the pan back to Summit on Monday, they should receive it today and ship me back the correct pan.

In the meantime, I finished painting my living room. YAY! That moves a four year long project into the "done" column.

No comments: