Wednesday, September 24, 2008

#$@#% ignition!

So, last tank was a paltry 13.4mpg and it feels like the miss is back.

I go and inspect the plug wires. Two are burned up. TWO. These are supposed to be super-duper high-temp wires. Burned wires on on the passenger bank, so the O2 sensor didn't pick up on it.

Oh, and Edelbrock, your T.E.S. headers for G-bodies are SHIT. I'm sorry, but the passenger side header provides no way to get the damn plug wires to the distributor without running them dangerously close to the primaries. Technically, you owe me three sets of Accel Spiral-Core plug wires.

I've wrapped the burned up wires in electrical tape and tied them up against the valve cover. Hopefully they'll last until I can get some different headers. Wife's going to love this...

No comments: