Thursday, September 11, 2008

15.2 mpg!

Okay, so I got the timing control in the distributor. Prior to that, I had richened up the fuel map to get the car to run smoother, dropping my gas mileage into the low 14s and high 13s. After the first tankful using the computer-controlled timing, a tankful that included a lot of city driving, and lots of putting my lead foot into it trying to tune the upper parts of the fuel map, I'm back in the 15s.

I'm going to drive like a grandmother this tank and see if I can stretch it into the 16s. I've also reduced the authority on the closed-loop algorithm. While I was tuning the maps, I gave it 10% leeway in either direction, I've necked that down to just 5%. The swings are much reduced as seen on the wideband and in the datalogs, so hopefully that'll cut my fuel usage more.

No comments: