Friday, October 12, 2007

Mockup fun...


Here you see a "something." This something is a very elusive something, so I'm going to type every descriptive term I can about it so that the next me that comes along can find the answer:

A vacuum advance HEI distributor will fit behind a TPI (Tuned Port Injection) setup.

I mocked up the tubes and upper plenum, and slapped the distributor in. It looks like I may even have more room to swing the distributor around than I had with the carb and old throttle brackets in the way.

I also started making a list of things I need. The way I have to route the upper coolant hose interferes with the mechanical fan, so I'm going to have to get an electric one. I need an EGR gasket and block off plate. I need a fuel pump block off plate. I'm hoping to take a trip to the junkyard tomorrow and see how much I can find cheap there.

I also have some other challenges.

Here you can see the front of the intake manifold, the top of the water pump, and the fuel line inputs. It's very crowded. I'm going to have to get clever in order to route the heater hoses and get the coolant temperature sensor wired.

More as I get further along...

No comments: