Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Gawddamn!

 
 
This car really gets my goat sometimes. The first picture is the computer harness. One would think that getting it out would be a simple matter of cutting the plugs off and yanking it out through the passenger footwell.

Ahhh, not so much. I had to remove all the bolts holding in the fenderwell in order to get enough room to undo the two 8mm bolts holding in the grommet. Got those out and pulled it through. The leaves and shit? Mouse nest. It was sitting on top of the harness. A lot of that landed on my face before continuing on to the ground.

The second is the intake manifold. Bolted in and torqued down. I think have at least 10 hours wrapped up in making the middle four bolt holes work. But they work now. Its on. Now I can stab the distributor back in and mock the upper plenum in to see if it'll clear.

Beyond that, the hard work begins. Dropping the gas tank and finding out why the tank overflows onto the ground before the pump at the gas station automatically shuts off. Then I get to rip out the old fuel lines and run new ones, and mount my new fuel pump.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: