Monday, April 02, 2007

Rust rust rust...

So, I set out early Sunday morning to replace the carpet and seats in the GP. Got the seats out, pulled the carpet easily enough, and there it was. Rust. A spot, about a foot back from the front of driver side door opening. Stuck my finger right through it.

Thirty minutes later, I had cut out a 5"x6" section with the grinder. Bolted the driver seat back in, and headed over to my Dad's to use his welder. An hour after that, the floor was patched. I headed home. I have pictures, I'll have to upload them tonight.

Pulled the seat back out, went to mock up the new Camaro seats in. And... they don't fit. 1" too narrow. I have some very generous friends, though. They think they can get me some leftover 1/8" plate I can cut into adapters. Until then, I'm driving the truck, though I may get out the Z tonight.

No comments: