Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Results from Sunday!

Sunday's race went very well. I sucked as a driver, but the car performed perfectly.

Actual event results are over at KYR's website.

I didn't place very well, second from last in my class, but there's always an explanation. Mine is I couldn't drive yesterday. Every attempt to use the loud pedal resulted in large amounts of wheelspin and general uncontrollableness. I was also the only car in my class not on race rubber. I spun three times in my first run, and my best run didn't even crack the top 50% of raw times.

The next event is on the airfield at Fort Knox. I'll have the r-compounds on, and that place has a lot more grip. I should do better.

On the its-a-small-world-after-all front, I ran into the father of a very old, very good friend. Hadn't seen him or my friend since early 2000. Good to get connected again.

Anyway, I think this brings our detour into the land of Datsun to a close for a while. This weekend, I plan to replace the seats and carpet in the Grand Prix. Expect photos of really nasty things. There's a huge lump in the carpet under the passenger seat. That lump does not have a corresponding dent in the floorpan as seen from underneath the car. I have no earthly idea what could be in it. I will be wearing gloves and eye protection when I cut into it, though.

In other news, my Grand National was accepted into the Winged Warrior Challenge (Link), to be held May 12 at O'Reilly Raceway Park (formerly IRP). It's a combination Drag/AutoCross/Concourse event, with proceeds going to charity. Looking at last year's results and the cars in my class this year, I'll be firmly mid-pack on the quarter-mile, probably lower third in the Autocross. I'll just have to make sure the thing is very clean and make it all up during the concourse judging.

No comments: