Saturday, February 07, 2009

Engine's out!

I pulled the engine out of the 'ol Bucket today. Not a whole lot to tell. The catalytic converter was melted and plugged, which was bad. I was going to keep it, but I guess I'll see if a recycler will pay for it.

Only mishap was a set the engine down right on top of my garage light, crushing it. Ooops.

On to the pictures!

Here it is in the engine bay:
From 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix

Here's the radiator on the floor
From 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix

On the way out
From 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix

Up
From 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix

Out
From 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix

And on the floor!
From 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix


Though not pictured, I've already separated the transmission and gotten the engine up on a stand.

I've already called the junkyard. They'll be coming to get it on Monday or Tuesday, then the Datsun can go back in the garage.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry your project didn't work out like you wanted it to. I hope you find the perfect project car one day.