Sunday, June 08, 2008

Damnit!

Way back on March 15, 2007, I detailed a burned up spark plug end that was causing a miss.

Well, it's happened again. I bought schmancy new high-temp 8mm Accel wires, and have them in the little fiberglass socks, and I still managed to burn one up. Found it again tonight with the idling-car-in-the-dark trick.

So, tomorrow, I'm off to O'Reilly to pick up another set of plug wires and hopefully they can order me some shorty spark plugs to give me more header clearance. Their web site says they have them but they have to be ordered. I may call Street 'n Strip and see if they have them in stock or not. Hopefully they do.

I disconnected the vacuum advance, too. Feels a little better until it gets hot and that plug starts shorting.

It's a miracle the catalytic convertor hasn't taken a dump yet. I'm going to have to check the oil, too. Stupid car.

No comments: